Mental Health First Aid
Dedicated to Service
The syllabus covers the following topics:
- Understanding brain function
- Mental health, the gut, immunity, and insulin resistance
- Mental health disorders: Categories, symptoms, and causes
- Stress and trauma recovery
- Brain wiring and rewiring: Resiliency after crisis
- Depression and anxiety recovery: a biomedical functional approach
- Total wellness from the brain down and lifestyle disease treatment
- Individual and group basic mental health and general counseling techniques
- Pre and post training evaluation
- Participants’ psychosocial health assessments
- Individual 30-minute counseling and treatment solutions
- One-day workshop followed by 4, 2-hour live video meetings
- Four, 1/2-hour small group video meetings
- Use of the Brain Health and Total Wellness App
- 5 Case-Study Assignments based on presentations and the App
- 10-day Health Challenge
- Project Assignment
- Counseling practicum and supervision
See previews of the resource materials.
Participants must fill the criteria of being a leader-manager in an organization or community, or must be an aspiring or certified health coach.
NOTE: Individuals can apply independent of an organization.
We provide scholarship opportunities to complete this course. Scholarship applicants must be leaders of youth, community, or religious groups.
To request training for persons in your organization, complete the IDL Training Form by clicking the button below.
Note: The minimum person-limit is 20 in any given training program.
OUR NEXT TRAINING
See the schedule below.
The cost for training and resources is $1,500 per participant.
Use the Request Form to schedule seminars and workshops for your organization.
I-Dare To Live Responders Training
Mental health counseling to impact total wellness of mind, body, and spirit
9.00am to 4.00pm AST
6.00pm to 8.00pm AST
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Dr. Meletha M. E. St. Hill