Mental Health First Aid
Dedicated to Service
The syllabus covers the following topics:
- Understanding brain function
- Mental health, the gut, immunity, and insulin resistance
- Mental health disorders: Categories, symptoms, and causes
- Stress and trauma recovery
- Brain wiring and rewiring: Resiliency after crisis
- Depression and anxiety recovery: a biomedical functional approach
- Total wellness from the brain down and lifestyle disease treatment
- Individual and group basic mental health and general counseling techniques
- Pre and post training evaluation
- Participants’ psychosocial health assessments
- Individual 30-minute counseling and treatment solutions
- Four days workshop followed by 4, 1½ hours live video meetings on the evenings of the second week
- Four, 1-hour small group video meetings
- Use of the Brain Health and Total Wellness App
- 6 Case-Study Assignments based on presentations and the App
- 10-day Health Challenge
- Project Assignment
- Counseling practicum and supervision
- Graduation and Certificate
See previews of the resource materials.
Participants must fill the criteria of being a leader-manager in an organization or community, or must be an aspiring or certified health coach.
NOTE: Individuals can apply independent of an organization.
We provide scholarship opportunities to complete this course. Scholarship applicants must be leaders of youth, community, or religious groups.
To request training for persons in your organization, complete the IDL Training Form by clicking the button below.
Note: The minimum person-limit is 12 in any given training program.