- This test consists of questions carefully designed to help you self-assess your stress levels and risk for disease.
- Read each statement carefully and choose “Yes” or “No” as your response.
- I eat nutritious foods and keep junk (foods) out of my diet.
- I get 5-10 hours sleep every night, of which three hours are before midnight.
- I am involved in regular exercise for physical fitness.
- I spend a great deal of time thinking about how things could have been, if . . .
- I schedule time for things I need and like to do, and do them.
- I practice deep breathing and relaxation for at least 30 minutes every day.
- I have the cold or influenza and I do not seem to be getting over it.
- I have a good laugh at least once every day.
- I sleep well without medication.
- I can concentrate for long periods.
- I drink 8 to10 eight-ounce glasses of water every day.
- My bowels move easily twice per day.
- My blood pressure exceeds the average, 120/80.
- I often get sunlight exposure for 30 to 60 minutes, between 10.00am and 2.00pm.
- I experience bouts of depression, which last for a day or longer.
- I am understanding and forgiving of others.
- I am happy with my life.
Score 1 point for:
- ALL your “Yes” responses to statements 4, 7, 13, and 15.
- Your “No” responses to all the other statements.
NOTE: These are your problem areas you need to change for health.
- 13-17, high stress – very likely has a disease
- 8-12, high-moderate – high, pre-disease condition
- 4-7, mild-moderate – at risk of chronic diseases
- 1-3, average stress – low risk of diseases